Writing Short Stories of Horror

As a writer, I would like to think that self expression through my short stories will touch someone out there, even though many of my stories deal with the macabre, I'm certain, there are some fright freaks who will enjoy getting a "quick fix" to feed their darksides from my paranormal stories.

Ever since I was a teenager,  I've been heavily influenced by those obscure horror movies from the 70's and 80's, such as the works of such brilliant Italian directors as Dario Argento and Lucio Fulci. Fortunately, thanks to the VHS collectors on YouTube, you can get to see the fine artwork that was displayed on those old VHS tapes of the past today. Both the cover art, as well as the movies from the 80's helped shape and mold my mind for writing some fun-filled and creepy stories.

I love the horror artwork on theater-used posters from back then (70s - 80s), because many of the illustrations were done on canvas. For example, the original movie poster for "Maniac" starring Joe Spinell had some of the best canvas artwork I've ever seen. If you never have had the pleasure of seeing Argento's "Phenomena" or Lucio Fulci's "Zombie," you don't know what you are missing. I would also like to encourage anyone who is visiting my blog to check out VampireFreaks.com, because it is a site with so many outstanding bands to choose from online. I like to write as I listen to such bands as "The Birthday Massacre" and "Ashbury Heights" over at VampireFreaks.com.

I plan on making this blog contain vital information about my upcoming books and some of my favorite bands. 

Stay dark,

Veronica Mordem

PS:  Keep checking back for my new books :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment