Amanda Hocking's Hollowland is a Zombie Thrill Ride

Amanda Hocking writes a winner with Hollowland! If you like some good gore and a fun story, then this book may be just what's cooking for dinner tonight with a heaping spoonful of brains. I have always loved zombies and I've dated a few here and there. I am a huge fan of "Night of The Living Dead" by George A. Romero and Lucio Fulci's "Zombie." Please for the love of god, watch Lucio Fulci's "Zombie" movie, if you have not seen it...I promise you will thank me later.

There's just something wonderful about being trapped with some people who you may or may not find attractive in small areas. It could be a mall or a fenced in camp setting...hell it could be anything! I like having to use survival instincts and trying to protect others from being consumed by flesh eating zombies. I would have to say that this is a fantasy of mine. I have thought of what I would do if a 100 zombies were cornering me in a huge barn and it's incredibly frightening.

Now, let me get back on track here with my quick book review. Amanda Hocking is a very good storyteller and Hollowland is the first book I've read of hers, but I plan on reading My Blood Approves as well. I'm very impressed with her character development and I could not get enough of the main character Remy, who is a kick ass survivor of the zombie apocalypse. She does a wonderful job of incorporating horror (super gross visual descriptions of zombies) and paranormal romance into Hollowland, although there is more horror then romance in this book, I seem to like it even more for the gore or maybe I'm just a morbid soul...yeah, I'm pretty morbid...oh well.

Hollowland is a simple story that will keep you on the edge of your seat wondering who will be chewed apart by the zombies next. I grew an almost lesbian-like attachment for Remy (the girl on the book cover is hot) and could not wait to see what happens when she finds her younger brother. The only element of the book, I could have done without is where they find a lion and make it their pet. Of course, there are some other aspects of the book, which were a little hard to believe, but overall, I would highly recommend reading Hollowland. As an indie writer myself, I am thrilled to see such a young writer reach the success Amanda Hocking has in such a short amount of time.

I give this book a bloody 8 star rating out of 10!

Stay dark,

Veronica Mordem